Saturday 6 August 2016

My Responsibility

She is my responsibility!
This sentence kept replying in my head as I stared at my daughter.
She is not anyone else’s responsibility…

We had a near miss and I was still in shock.

It could have been worse..Our prayer of ‘Lord, let our angels keep charge over us lest we dash our foot against a stone’ was not in vain. It usually sounds like a broken record when we pray but the power behind it is as new as a new day.

She is my responsibility I kept muttering, as I kissed her soft cheeks and basked in the dribble of her joyful saliva.
She is my child.
She is his child.
We are her caretaker.
God is her Father.

God.
The one who makes the impossible possible.
The one who could use the basket to disgrace the bucket.
The one who can use the ant to explain to humans.
The one whose gifts are without repentance, meaning He does not give and then change his mind.
The one who gifts maketh rich and adds no sorrow.
The one whose hands cuddle a child even as she falls.
God.

If I can get so overwhelmed over my child, so carried away with how I need to be there for her and protect her from every danger of this world (I know I am not capable of doing so, Only Her Heavenly Father has the ability and capability); But if my love for my little one has no bounds, I wonder, what is the state of God’s heart over us, His children?

This Bible verse comes to mind ‘If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children How much more shall your Father which is in Heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7 vs 11

The love a mother has for her child is deep and endless; it’s a connection that distance cannot destroy or words quantify..There is just something about it and then, the Love of God for His children…
God is Love; we have heard this statement over again,but think about it one more time..it is saying that Love is because God is; it is saying that anything less than the Love of God is not Love…
Yes we love our children, but the Love God has for us, is not the purest form, because calling it purest is comparing it to another type of ‘love’.. the Love God has for us, is the only definition of Love.





No comments:

Post a Comment