Saturday 12 November 2016

What are you running from?

I have read so many books, listened to amazing speakers and seen lots of images talking about purpose and passion.

However, recently I have noticed something really strange. 

I am always involved in different projects at the same time but on a certain time, when it came to one that is mine, I did not postpone it, I actually went towards getting the work done. 
Now, this is where it gets very interesting...
I began to make effort towards getting it done and then I migrated into doing someone else's work/project/task . I simply found out I was doing some other work that had no bearing with my initial intention. 

It's not about the ability to focus or prioritize or plan accordingly, it's the truth that the thought of taking those baby steps towards that idea or project is rather overwhelming! Not the baby steps but the thought of -how many baby steps will I have to take? -This is a big idea and I don't know how to start even if I do know the next baby step -Can I really do this?  Is this me or just not me? Do I really want to do this or do I just like the idea of this idea?

With such thoughts and more, trust me, you'd find yourself doing everything else apart from the next right thing you ought to do.

What can you do?
-Be honest with yourself.
-Look closely at the thing/task/idea you keep fleeing from. And ask yourself, why?
Purpose is sometimes what we are running away from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment