Monday 4 January 2016

2016...To plan or not To Plan?

Ah!  A new year is upon us and we are out with the usual dos' and donts' of 2016. To be honest, I think I am more lackadaisical about this new year and this is not because I do not have plans to take over the world but because from last year, I have learnt that my plans are really small in the divine scheme of things!

Yesterday, I reminded my husband that we needed to work on our vision board and as I said that, I wondered to myself, from whence shall we begin to streamline so many moving parts?

Knowing fully well that my path is designed to only shine brighter and brighter, then 2016, you are most welcome.


So what are some of the things I would do this year?

-Dream Bigger: To be frank with you, nothing is impossible. Your dreams are valid!

-Think Deeper: My mind was created for such and it can handle it. Every complex structure has simple building blocks and if  I can be patient and committed to understanding the blocks, I would be designing my own structure.

-Read more books/Listen to the ‘right’ messages: How can I be well rounded if I am not well read?

-Put myself in discomfort zones: Enough of comfort, I am getting bored with it.

-Stop procrastinating: This is like ‘story for the gods’ but really, the ability to stop procrastinating the fact that we really have to stop procrastinating, is a skill. If I can do more things immediately, it would be refreshing like cool water on a sunny day.

-Ask: I always like to psyche myself ‘What is the worst he/she/they can say?’  The worst they can say is no and their answer cannot be as embarrassing as other things I have gone through anyways, so let’s keep it moving. 

-Indulge in my gifts: There is a reason why I am an over-analyser, but it cannot be to stifle my very own gift. Sometimes, I ask myself, is this worth writing? Will it be read? What am I trying to achieve with this post? Aren’t there other important things in the world to write about, like economics and Government issues? And then after I self-interview myself, my poor post in the making is buried gently under the seeming harsh reality that it is not that important in the scheme of Government affairs. So this year, I would try harder to be softer on myself.

- Be more personable: So I found out just few weeks before 2015 was rounding up that I am an introvert. I did not uncover this secret myself, it was told to me. You do not want to know how I acted towards this information, ‘How can I be an introvert?’…oh well, this is for another post. Being personable, I believe is a ‘practice makes perfect’ kind of thing, and it is an admirable ability to have. No man is an island and yes it is warming to be the kind of person others would want to talk to, confide in, etc. but in the same breath that I use to write this statement, I really don’t think it is valuable to be weighed down by relationships you can clearly see is toxic for you or the one where all they do is drain from you; so wisdom is profitable to direct.

-Learn from anyone ready to teach: There are a lot of things I want to know; if you know it, I want to learn from you and I would be the best student you ever had!

- Last but not the least, have a growing and glowing relationship with God. There is no plan without Him, No New year with Him, No second can exist without His grace. Life is really a rat race without Him. He makes all things beautiful in its time and while we wait for the realization of our hopes and dreams, His Presence and Love keeps us going. He is the reason I and my loved ones are, So this year, me and God are lovers.

Proverbs 16 vs 3: Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans.

I wish you all an Established 2016!
Thank you for reading my blog, lets make 2016 remember us for Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment