Monday 16 January 2017

Let The Dead Bury The Dead


There is something about leaving the past where it belongs. Dredging it and trying to analyze the fabric of either a loss or a gain can impede the growth of a present.
If a door is shut, why are you trying to open it to check one last time if someone is knocking behind it?

Really, what are you trying to gain or jeopardize?

Be wary of past analyzers; friends who mean well but don’t do your mind well. Because after you have gone through the very details of what happened, what could happened, what should have happened, how things could have turned out, etc.  with them, they go back to their present while you are left brooding about a topic that you buried a long time ago; you are left with all these scenarios that swallow you up.
 

Ask yourself these questions when you find yourself in a situation:

-What good would this do for me now?

-Do I need this conversation to set me free? In other words, is this an open wound that only this dredging can heal?

-Do I trust myself to talk about this and I would not keep dreaming about what ifs?

-Am I mentally matured to address this topic without feeling some kind of way?

-Is this a trap for me to neglect what I have going on and to wish for what I ‘lost’ or what ‘lost’ me?

-Is this a trap of the enemy to sow the seeds of ingratitude and greed in my heart?
-I can shut down this conversation before it even arises. After all it takes two to have a conversation, right?

Personally, I am learning every day to be sensitive. Be sensitive of what is going on around you and in you. Do not live life casually but do life intentionally. Keep guarding your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Remember:

Philippians 3 vs 14: But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment